CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

First time for everything

(Sorry the pics aren't centered - my default settings somehow were changed, I'll work on remedying this issue)

I was past-due for my bi-yearly dental check-up and I decided it was time for Lydia to accompany me. We prepared by reading books about the dentist and explaining what would happen when she was there. She watched mommy go first while simultaneously investigating the exam room. When it was her turn she jumped right up in the chair and opened her mouth wide. After her first opportunity to spit in the little sink she was pretty preoccupied with that fun little distraction, but overall she listened well and checked out great! In the midst of this busy day I neglected to bring my camera (shame on me!) but here’s a photo of her a couple days after her first dentist visit in Dr. Barra’s office getting a “ride” in the chair.

Her preschool class fieldtrip had the opportunity to learn about foods and drinks that are healthy and unhealthy for their teeth, hear a book about a child’s first visit to the dentist,

& learn to and practice brushing “Clyde”’s teeth.


A fun and educational time!


Mark and his friends simply love the mountains. So, a couple weekends ago, when the snow finally showed signs of dwindling to puddles, they decided to do a mega hike in Micheux.

Two 3-year-olds and three canines accompanied “the men” (as Lydia described them). Here she is exploring with her buddy, Luke


They were gone for the majority of the afternoon – during which time “nature called” for Lydia. Daddy had the great privilege of teaching his daughter the technique for peeing in the woods. A first time for everything…

0 comments: