CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lydia is 2!

"I'm TWO!"


Once again we give God the glory for the miracle and blessing of the life of Lydia Elise. We are overcome with thankfulness and joy when we consider how the Lord has moved in her life and we are humbled by the way He has used us to share His love with her. It honestly amazes us to see how even the mind and heart of a 2 year old can grasp His truth and exhibit such enthusiasm for His word (“Read the Bible”), His house (“Go to church?”), and singing His praises (“I’ve got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart!”).

A couple weeks ago as we were driving to my parents, Lydia blurted out, “I see Jesus riding a bicycle.” Now, I didn’t see anything remotely resembling that picture, but Daddy did tell her that she could see Jesus anywhere!

One of Lydie's favorite activities is playing on her playset. I hear, "Wanna fwing (swing)" atleast 5 times a day. :)


Slide static. What fun!


Following in her mother’s footsteps, Lydia simply LOVED her birthday. She would sing along as she was sung to by her friends and family. She even pretends her crayon container is a cake and sings and blows out the “candles”. She was absolutely adorable opening her presents. She’d get this look on her face of true awe and gasp. Then she’d repeat, “Awww, that’s so cute.” Or “That’s cool.” When she received pieces of clothing she would hug them or kiss them & of course to every toy she exclaimed, “Open this please!” She even expressed her thanks with a little encouragement (it was tough to divert her attention from her gifts).

Opening her singing "Old McDonald" card on her birthday morning.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to herself along with...

...her play group friends.


Happy girl during her birthday dinner.

This child LOVES ice cream!

Our little imitator got cleaning tools from mommy & daddy - we'll use this mimicking to our advantage!

She was VERY intent on vacuuming.

Gasp! Look at it!

Chillin' in her tent.

Cupcakes: A Lydia favorite. She picks all of the sprinkles and icing off and leaves the cake.

"Buh-rown" ice cream - a frequent request.

Hugging her new outfit. She gave it a kiss too. :)

We love you, Lydie Lew!

Here are some more little stories in the life of Lydia E...

Since we knew Tobias was coming along, we haven’t really worked on potty training due to the potential for regression. Recently she has been telling us as she performs a B.M. and when she's done asks, “Change my diaper, please?” Last week I caught her pushing and I said, “Lydia, are you pooping?” Her response: “C-mon poop! Hi, ho, let’s go!” Is cheerleading in her future? ;)

She is so very sensitive and perceptive. As I was reading to her she pointed to my eyebrow and said, “What happened, mommy?” I thought, “What could she possibly see on my eye (besides the dark circles under them)?” Then I remembered: I have a chicken pox scar at the end of my left eyebrow and she had spotted it! I told her about it and reassured her that her shots protect her from getting that horrible disease.

Lydia on her first day of school. When I ask her what she did at school her reply is, "Take a nap." or "Play with balls" Last week it was "Make bats" (they made a craft bat to hang on their spooky tree). Unfortunately she's having a bit of separation anxiety - it just started a couple weeks ago and she has done it at school and at church in the nursery. I feel badly leaving her screaming, but I know she calms down in a couple minutes. She really does have a good time there and is often quite energetic when I pick her up. Always hungry, always smiling.


Lydia can now sing her “ABC”s and count to 10. Of course, sometimes she gets distracted and mixes things up but the basics are there. This child just loves to sing. She often wakes up singing and it’s her favorite thing to do in the car. I love her sweet voice any time. The past couple days she has requested "CD"s and that I sing with her.

A common response (if she's in a good mood) when Lydia is asked to do something, "Sure!"

“Why?”: Not constantly, but in the past week she has started to ask, “Why?” Whew, I know I’m really going to be tested now!

0 comments: